Monday, July 20, 2009

Baling Hay. Holla.

I headed back to my parent's farm this weekend with every intention of helping my dad bale hay. I owe him some free labor for all the times he's helped out around my house. However, the weather wasn't quite cooperating, so I only actually helped with 1.25 wagon loads of hay. That's nothing. So instead, I'm going to tell everybody that I worked all day long, moving 1,000 hay bales in blistering heat, with no shoes, and digging post holes between loads.

Oh, holla.

Even my mom's getting into the action. I've never seen a finer leg prop on a bale. And with a baby in her arms, no less! ;-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you want that "no shoes" story to stick, you'd better PhotoShop out the evidence to the contrary in that cleverly-staged photo of you! ;) :D

Unknown said...

just look at those muscles.It was great to have some hay for you to unload. made a 1000 bales on monday