Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Lost and Found

I did a good deed yesterday. I found a dog wandering my neighborhood around 6:30 a.m. with a collar but no tags, so I corralled it in my backyard while I debated my next move. Since I couldn't call the owner, I ended up calling our local humane society, but they weren't open yet. Their phone system gave me another number to call for lost and found dogs. So I called that number...and it turns out it was for the police department! Did you know you should call the police for lost dogs? I was totally caught off guard.

I'm happy to report the dog was returned to its owners. 

Found!
 P.S. Heather -- thanks for helping me with the dog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, the Johnston police found Forty when he was lost. They were awesome. Yay for the men and women in blue when it comes to lost puppies. I'm sure you made a dog owner very happy; good for you!