Thursday, September 20, 2007

Jennifer's Beauty Salon

My house has temporarily morphed into a beauty salon. I desperately need to figure out how to do my hair for my friend Kelly's wedding next weekend. The wedding is in Vegas and I'm a bridesmaid which means two things: I need to look good and a professional updo is ridiculously expensive (to the tune of $80 and upwards). So, I'm determined to put together a nice enough look by myself. I tried doing just large soft curls, but my slippery hair wasn't having any of that and the curls fell out almost as soon as I took the curling iron away. Now, I've moved onto updos. Last night I had great success with a French twist and silently patted myself on the back for a job well done. Tonight, however, I can not even come close to replicating my handiwork, so the whole thing might have just been a fluke. I was able to muster up a chignon (fancy way to say "loose, soft bun") though with little difficulty -- probably because I wear my hair in a bun nearly every day and already halfway know what I'm doing. Alas, while I really want to sport the French Twist, it seems the chignon is going to win by default.

8 comments:

Becky said...

the chignon is nice...perhaps you could add something to your hair to spice up the chignon? make it a little more dressy and less "this is how I wear my hair to work on a daily basis?"

Are you going to attempt the french twist first? Or just decide on the chignon?

Unknown said...

I really like the French twist. Otherwise, for a glam down look, have you thought about leaving half your hair down (and maybe running it through a straightening iron) and then pulling the upper half back and only putting that in a little bun? The bun could be a little messy as part of the "look" :)

Janelle said...

i think the chignon is nice too! You could put in some fancy hair pins or something if you wanted. Also, does anybody else find it extremely hilarious that "the bubble" is back? I'm totally going to do it to my hair tonight if I can remember how. I'll take a picture!

Becky said...

there are some more comments on my blog, make sure you check! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Fei and I we love both, but we think if you're not put somthing on your hair that the french twist is better. but if you choose chignon look put some flowers on it that would be great^^

Becky said...

the chignon will look nice with a flower or something, says dad.

Kelly Ruden said...

I think your hair looked beautiful! P.S. I had no idea you were adding so much to your blog. I guess I better start checking it more often. Maybe you should add it to your facebook.