Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Ho-Hum Halloween

Trick-or-treating was tonight, and I dare say, it was a bit of a bust. My neighbors must despise children dressed as ghouls, because I could only see one other house on my street with its front light on. I almost hesitated turning mine on because I didn't want to go against the grain. I ended up having only a handful of trick-or-treaters. Maybe a dozen altogether which leaves me with one very full bowl of candy. Good thing I made sure to buy the treats I like (Twix and Skittles. Had I known I would have this much left, I would have gotten Green and Black dark chocolate bars to hand out.) I feel a bit like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman when she tries to go shopping on Rodeo Dr. but is turned away by the snooty sales women. She ends up back in the hotel concierge's office pulling fistfuls of cash from her pocket, "I have all this money now and no dress." Likewise, "I have all of this candy now and no trick-or-treaters."

4 comments:

Becky said...

you did a love job making sure the candy looked very presentable for its picture. :)

Becky said...

and by "love job" i meant LOVELY job...

Unknown said...

I want the candy, you can give it to me!

Janelle said...

I had my first Green & Black's candy bar this weekend...AMAZING!