Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Nip 'em in the bud

Gardening is not really my thing, but I do what I gotta do to make my yard somewhat presentable. The lovely little landscaped flowerbed in my front yard has been an eyesore for quite awhile. Last year, weeds took it over, and I just turned a blind eye. This year, I vowed to reclaim what's rightfully mine. So, on Sunday, I set about clearing away the Creeping Charlie, dandelions, ivy and grass that had invaded my flowerbed. Surprisingly, I found the work to be relaxing, and dare I say, enjoyable? I'm not finished yet, but I think I made some good progress.

Before
AfterAs much as I would like to say that those plants grew three-fold just by me clearing away the weeds, alas, that's not the case. These pictures were taken a couple of weeks apart.


3 comments:

Becky said...

wow, that looks good, and I WAS impressed by the size of the plants...too bad it wasn't from you clearing the way. :)

Unknown said...

Gardening was never much my thing, either, but it's pretty satisfying to watch something that you planted grow up and beautify your landscape! Or grow up and give you yummy things to cook with :)

Unknown said...

keep it up mom has a lot more flowers for you by the way it does look good dad