Sunday, July 6, 2008

How I spent my weekend.

My fourth of July weekend was filled with a lot of food, family, fireworks and fun (How's that for alliteration?). And that's just how I like it.

In contrast, the weekend preceding Independence day was filled with gross gutter garbage (Again, how's that for alliteration?). That's not how I like it. Since my gutters were sprouting maple trees, I figured that was a good indication they needed cleaning. Too bad my 6' step ladder isn't quite tall enough for me to safely reach the gutters. Most of the time, I ended up perched on the do-not-go-past-this-step-or-risk-injury-or-death rung of the ladder. Talk about a dirty and dangerous duty (wee! Alliteration is out of control tonight!).

Here's a shot where I'm actually practicing safety first.

5 comments:

Becky said...

In your next post, let's go for extreme use of onomatopoeia!

Janelle said...

becks, did you have to spell check that first?

Becky said...

No. I've always known how to spell onomatopoeia! :) It helped me place in a spelling bee once! :)

Unknown said...

Yes, Janelle, you should have heard Becks when she first started talking as a baby. Forget "mama" or "dada" - the first thing she did was spell "onomatopoeia!" She even asked us to use it in a sentence and repeated the word at the end - hehe!! ;) :D

Becky said...

how about an update slacker?