Thursday, July 31, 2008

A slurry of activity

There's some official city business going on in my neighborhood tomorrow as the city places a slurry seal of my street (this is NOT a resurfacing project, my official notice says). Such serious business warrants these very official "No Parking" signs, with quite the incorrect date.

To me, this sign looks more like something a disgruntled homeowner would spike into the ground, not city crews. Shouldn't their signs be orange and reflective...and not written on with a Sharpie? Ah, who am I kidding, I actually find these signs to be quite endearing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That grass sure does look nice. Check out that diagonal pattern. I wonder who did such a nice job mowing the lawn?

Becky said...

admit it...you are the disgruntled home owner :)