Monday, September 8, 2008

Spiders 2.0

My house must be some kind of arachnid Mecca and all spiders that have the means must make a pilgrimage here at least once in their lifetime. And September must be their holy month. I find spiders everywhere. EVERYWHERE. They had practically taken over my garage until I did a furious clean sweep a few weeks ago. They pop up in window sills, in door frames, on the fence, on the deck, on the siding, on the stairs, and now on my shoes.

I'd only worn this pair a day or two ago and already a spider has claimed it as its own. I killed the spider after I took this picture. I guess that makes me a religious terrorist and the spider a martyr.

Look closely. That unassuming black dot is actually a spider suspended between the heel and sole of my shoe.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

you need some hedge apples!

http://hedgeapple.com/

I actually saw them being sold at my Hy-Vee the past few weeks.

Lora said...

You monster!

Becky said...

We have a gnat problem at our house...we leave the windows open and those little buggers just crawl in through the screen!

I love how mom and dad bring you apples but offer me none and I'm so close to home! BOO!