Monday, September 15, 2008

Owl be darned

After some diligent Internet research, I think I know who the culprit is behind the monkey talk. An owl. In particular, a barred owl, known for its range of vocalizations. That claim really does hold some water since I actually saw an owl in one of my trees last year. That sweet little dear even hung out long enough for me to snap some pictures. Too bad it had to turn around and scare the bejeezus out of me a mere 365 days later.

Who dat? I'm going to go ahead and guess that it's my very own barred owl.

Hear it for yourself:

Turn up your volume. Tell me, does that not sound like a primate to you?

6 comments:

Janelle said...

lmao! it toally sounds like a monkey!

Janelle said...

lmao! it toally sounds like a monkey!

Becky said...

LOL!

Unknown said...

OMG, it sounds just like Brian in the morning! :D

MsAmanda said...

CREEPY!

Kelly Ruden said...

When I played the owl video Pepper started barking like crazy and Tom freaked out. He thought something was in our basement.