Thursday, October 1, 2009

Audio book love

I resisted for a long time (not sure why), but, now, I'm a believer! Books on tape/CD/mp3 are the way to go to make long car rides more bearable, especially when one is traveling alone.


I like audio books for two reasons: They make time go so quickly and I can selfishly add another book to my Shelfari list without doing much (I really like to track the books I've read. Before Shelfari, I just kept track on a spreadsheet.)


Couple more thoughts: I get my audio books from the library which means zero dollars out of my pocket. So far, I've just stuck to easy-reading books -- the ones that require minimal brainpower.
That voice! David Sedaris reads his own work. F-u-n-n-y. Pic from Amazon

This ridiculous chick lit is not all that good (terrible, really), but it keeps my attention. Pic from Amazon

1 comment:

beartifix said...

You know, audiobooks are the reason I am able to "read" so many books a year. And doing this has improved my listening skills. I feel like I can retain more content now.
And with the iPod, I am now able to exercise or scrub my floors while listening to the books. Makes chores more bearable.
Glad you have gotten into it!