Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Move Over Vamps, Make Room for MBS

I know vampires are so en vogue right now, but allow me to distract your attention for just a moment with this: The Mysterious Benedict Society. This book has some real cult potential. It already meets the first criteria -- written for the 9-13 year old set! And it's a series (criteria #2).

Bonus: The Web site has puzzles that will either help you feel smart or stupid.


No sex-ay vampires, but it does have riddles! And Morse Code! (Image from B&N)

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I haven't gotten into the vampires at all, so I will have to give this a try. I need a good airplane book in two weeks.

Kelly Ruden said...

I'm staying far far away from that. I just finished rereading Harry Potter and I think young adult books are very detrimental to me and everything else in my life. They're like drugs; I can't stop myself!