Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Appraisal

I spent last Tuesday through Sunday doing repairs, deep cleaning my house and cleverly staging things to hide imperfections all in anticipation of an appraisal on Monday (I'm re-financing). And then the appraisal lasted less than five minutes. That's it. I suppose it wasn't all for naught, though. Who can complain about a clean house?

Now, here's one of the repairs I did. With the help of my brother and advice of my dad, I fixed an old water spot on my spare bedroom ceiling. NOTE: The entire ceiling is crappy and there's a poor patch job by the previous owners that looks extremely obvious in these photos. My patch is within that patch.

BEFORE. I scraped off the stained parts of the popcorn texture.
DURING. I secured parts of the sagging ceiling with drywall screws and fender washers.

AFTER.  I patched the ceiling with mesh tape and joint compound, applied new popcorn texture, and painted.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Nice work Jen! You should use some of your leftover paint and paint that dresser/end table set you bought such a long time ago. ;-)

Unknown said...

looks good even if I did not help