Thursday, November 11, 2010

Living room: Upgrade

My sad slip-covered love seat (it's blue country plaid underneath) has finally been kicked to the proverbial curb. As of last Friday, it was demoted to my spare bedroom where all my misfit belongings go to die. That was the day my new chairs from Overstock arrived. The only sad thing about them is that I bought them one day before a 5% off seating sale started. AND, now when I went to fetch the link for this post, I see they are 10% off. HRMPF! I do wish I wouldn't have seen that. It pains me not to get the best deal.

In other living room news, I also spray painted my crummy MDF TV stand Krylon's Ivy Leaf.

BEFORE. This is a lame before, but it's the best I had and it does a good job of showing the sadness that is the love seat.

AFTER. New chairs. Night-time lighting.

AFTER. From a different angle this time. Still night-time lighting. Also, no flat panel TV here.

3 comments:

Janelle said...

chairs = fantastic! GOOD JOB!

Unknown said...

NIIIICE! Now all you need is a coffee table (midcentury modern of course ;) ), and your room will be complete! Or at least, your seating grouping will be complete... I think you need Brian to bring back his TV again for the whole room to be complete :)

Becky said...

Ooh, awesome! No flat screen here either!