Thursday, November 29, 2007

Curtains

I'm on the hunt for curtains for the sliding doors in my dining room. I don't have much criteria - just that they have to be opaque (so I don't see any scary shadows outside at night) and they have to pull shut easily (so I can quickly shut out any scary things at night).

I'm not quite sure what other curtain retailers are out there, so I've just been searching JcPenney mostly and IKEA a little bit. By searching, I mean I've been looking at the same ones over and over again because I can't make up my mind. Here's what I'm considering:

Clockwise from top left, Pompeo Embroidery Coordinates (in peacock blue, not shown), Supreme Antique Satin Back-tab Thermal (in lagoon, shown), Milano Solid Grommet-top Coordinates (in brown, shown), Jewel Tex Grommet-top Thermal (in antique white, not shown)


I keep weighing the pros and cons of each - Will the color be too overwhelming? Should I go with thermal? Is the grommet-top too modern? Is a solid color too boring?

In the words of "my buddy" Trent, "Le sigh."

4 comments:

Becky said...

Blake and I both think "go bold or go home." It's the style right now, and we think it will really add a focal point to your dining area and in the words of Blake, "Brighten up your day."

If you want to go with one of the brown ones, go with the ones right below the blue curtain.

That's our two cents. Good luck!

Melissa C said...

I just happen to know someone that could MAKE you curtains! ;) Think about who that might be...I bet she'd even meet you at the fabric store and you could choose from an abundance of possibilities...think about it :)

Janelle said...

i actually like the pompeo embroidery in the picture...the cocoa color.

Also, I really like the grommets, and I think you can do modern in an older home and it looks great! (I'm assuming you have an older home, bc you were worried about them being too modern).

Dawn said...

Remember me? :) Yes, I lurk on your blog, I tend to read it after Becky's. :) Anyway, I just want to say I love, love, love the peacock ones, the purple-ish looking ones in the top left corner. I also agree with B&B, go bold or go home! :)