Monday, December 3, 2007

Truffle Brownie Cups

I spent my raucous Friday night baking truffle brownie cups at 11 p.m. I have a killer sweet tooth, and there's no stopping me until it's satisfied. The brownie cups were really easy and really delicious (they were really high in calories too, but never mind the details)!



Recipe (yield = 24)
(from The Pampered Chef Fall/Winter 2007 Season's Best Recipe Collection)

Ingredients
Nonstick cooking spray with flour
1 2/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
2 T butter (do not use margarine)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream

Directions

  • Preheat oven to 325° F. Spray wells of mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
  • Place 2/3 cup of the chocolate chips and butter in microwaveable bowl and microwave until melted.
  • Add sugar and egg and mix until blended.
  • Add flour, mix just until flour is incorporated.
  • Spoon the dough into the muffin pan wells, filling each well about 2/3 full. Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are set (do not over bake).
  • Meanwhile, create the chocolate ganache filling. Microwave the cream for 1-2 minutes until it is hot (but not boiling). In a medium mixing bowl, add the cream to the remaining chocolate chips, stirring with a whisk.
  • Place the bowl in the freezer for 10-12 minutes to cool the mixture, stirring every five minutes.
  • Once the brownies are done, let them cool in the pan for a couple of minutes. Using a tart shaper or your thumbs, indent the middle of the brownies. Use a paring knife to trim around the edges of the brownie cups, then carefully remove them from the pan.
  • Spoon the ganache into the brownie cups.
  • Let the cups stand until ganache is firm. Enjoy!

NOTES: I let my brownies bake for 15-17 minutes because they were way too gooey otherwise. The brownies were very difficult to remove from the pan (even with trimming around the edges). I ended up banging the pan upside-down on a wire rack. Perhaps spooning them out or using paper baking cups would help. I think the ganache would be extra delicious with bittersweet chocolate chips. I stored my brownie cups in the fridge.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Truffle Brownie cups! YUM! Sounds like it's a perfect match for Blake and me. I love truffles, Blake loves brownies. I'm going to try these out for the holidays! :) I'm told I'm having a party on 12/23 {please come!} so these will be perfect! :)

Unknown said...

Will you make me some?