Monday, May 17, 2010

Some Thrifting Success

Sometimes I browse Craigslist and sometimes I think about going to garage sales and Goodwill. And that's usually as far as I get.  This Spring, however, I went thrifting on exactly two occasions and had some mild success.

 At Goodwill, I found a little four-legged footstool that is now serving the role of coffee table. At a couple tag sales, I picked up several small bowls to hold things. I don't fancy myself a collector and don't aspire to be one, but, man, am I a sucker for a small, decorative bowl.  

I've been on the hunt for a coffee table for ages. I'm going to say this stool is good enough.

 This isn't exactly a bowl, but I don't know what else to call it. Isn't that turquoise enamel yummy?

3 comments:

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

That enameled silver bowl is fabbo. I used to have one in red but I like your turquoise better. Great find!

MsAmanda said...

Like.

Lisa Lavia Ryan said...

After doing stories on all the great finds at thrift stores, I now haunt them regularly. Goodwill in Urbandale is the bomb.