Monday, December 20, 2010

The Warby Parker Bandwagon

I would like to jump on the Warby Parker bandwagon. All the hipsters are doing it. And I want/need new glasses. For $95 you get lenses and frames, plus before you buy, you can do online try-ons and in-home try-ons for free. My cheapy glasses from Zenni Optical have treated me well, but now it's time to upgrade.

One of the issues with ordering glasses online is that you need to know your pupillary distance (PD), which is not often included in your prescription (and I'm too chicken to ask my eye doctor for it). Back in the old days, I had to measure my PD with a millimeter ruler. This time around, I found an awesome online measurement tool from One Specs in the UK.


57.5 mm...4.5mm more than what I'd measured by hand.
Here are the five pairs I'm planning to try on at home. Based on online reviews, some of the proportions on the virtual try-on can be a bit off — with glasses appearing smaller than they actually are. It's a good start, though.

Warby Parker Finn - virtual try-on. I like these best so far.

Warby Parker Zagg - virtual try-on

Warby Parker Roark -virtual try-on
Warby Parker Nedwin - virtual try-on

Warby Parker Langston -virtual try-on

1 comment:

Becky said...

Ooh, very nice. How long did it take you to "try on" all of those Warby specs? ;)