Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Homegirl got glasses

Hey, look! Homegirl got glasses! These are just a cheapy temporary pair to tide me over until my beefed up vision insurance plan kicks in in January and I can spring for pricier frames. The ones I'm currently sporting came from Zenni Optical, a super-discount online glasses retailer I learned about from Ashlynn's blog.* These bad boys only cost $8! With the added anti-glare lens coating and shipping costs, my grand total came to $17.50.

The one tricky part about ordering them was measuring my pupillary distance, which is the only necessary figure not considered part of the prescription, and therefore not provided by my eye doctor. So, I had a friend measure the distance between my pupils with a metric ruler about a dozen times until we both agreed that 53 mm did seem to be the correct measurement.

$17.50 never looked so good! With glasses, it's like I'm now viewing my world in high definition.

*Although it might sound as though Ashlynn and I are chums, I, in fact, do not know her. I just like to read her blog.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Jennifer, those look awesome! I'm thinking I better check out that site!

Becky said...

Nice work! They look good! :) I also like your Christmas tree. Top notch.

Unknown said...

they look good do they have bi focal?

Jennifer said...

Dad, my eyes aren't that bad! No bifocals here. I can see close up without any problems...yet. :)