Saturday, February 9, 2008

Ta-da! New Layout!

I'm pleased to introduce...my new layout! I've been toying with the idea of a new blog layout for awhile and I've tried out probably two dozen banners until I found a color scheme and design I really liked.

How did I create it? Well, I'm no graphic designer and I don't have any kind of design software, but I am resourceful. I found a banner-friendly template from Blogger and then used Microsoft Publisher, www.picnik.com and some painstaking measurements to make my new banner. You can see my creative process at the dummy blog I set up to test everything before finally pulling the plug.

Thanks to everyone who helped me pick my new design! A special thanks goes to Brian who let me call him five times today for his opinion.

Bye-bye, old template.

5 comments:

Becky said...

cute! But now there's no profile picture of you...boo...

Becky said...

PS: If you're really bored, you can make me one too. :)

Janelle said...

i like it! I also like bursts orange if you want to lend it to me...haha

Unknown said...

Anytime... Now make me a pie!

Lora said...

lurve the new layout