Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I pledge...

On Thanksgiving day, two of my cousins and my sister hosted a little tour of their new homes. All of their houses were so put-together and organized that I couldn’t help but feel a little sheepish about my own, especially considering that my cousins have only been in their respective houses for two or three months! I, on the other hand, have been in mine for a year and a half and it’s still got that just-moved-in quality to it (a certain je-ne-sais-quoi, if we want to put a positive spin on it).

So, I pledge, in the next six months, to really take action with my home. That way, when the extended family treks to town for Easter, I can offer a tour of my home without a litany of excuses for why things look the way they do. Wish me luck.

Bring it. I pledge to whip my house into shape. (Image source)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey, just think of it as "lived-in". That's the excuse I use for my house these days!

Becky said...

GOOD LUCK! :)

Unknown said...

Hey, your house is in nowhere NEAR the eternal state of home improvement / remodeling flux that mine is in :) And now it's got new baby and Christmas decorating excitement (translation: "mess") added to it. It's pretty sweet. Try not to be jealous ;) hehe!

Tracy said...

I am joining your pledge, Jennifer! If people stay in my foyer, they are fine. But any farther and watch out!!