Sunday, December 28, 2008

A cut above

In recent years, I've taken a very practical approach to my Christmas wish list. Specifically, I like to ask my parents for things that I need but don’t want to put the time into researching myself. I’d rather just trust their years of expertise. This year, I asked for and received(!) a nice set of knives. The cheapy ones I bought from Target a couple years ago just weren't cutting it anymore (literally and pun intended).

Before. Rusty, lousy.


After. Don't they look sharp?!

6 comments:

MsAmanda said...

I got an electrolux cordless vacuum cleaner with a detachable hand vac. I'm so excited.

Kelly Ruden said...

Is that your kitchen counter? It's very pretty.

Unknown said...

OMG!! LOL - Mike and I were considering getting those exact Henckels International knives as an xmas present to ourselves! But then we didn't really need to "carve out" a piece of the xmas budget for ourselves. :) [Your puns are contagious...]

Becky said...

good thing I helped research those for Mom and Dad....you know, making sure to get the best deal! :)

Lora said...

Did I tell you that we have the same knives? They work like a charm.

Unknown said...

Update in case anybody cares (I know you've all been sitting on the edge of your seats the whole time!):
Those weren't the exact knives we were considering after all (though they look very similar from the pic). Those are the Fine Edge Synergy knives, and we were looking at Forged Synergy.
Now back to your regularly scheduled program...