Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Paint lesson learned

I'm learning a lot of home improvement lessons lately. Lesson #17: Do not assume that the cans of paint left in the basement by the previous owners actually matches any of the wall colors.

I thoughtfully deduced that the only can of light blue paint in the basement must be the very paint that was used in the only light blue room in the house... my bedroom. Mistake. I used the paint to touch up various nail holes and other patches and now my walls appear to have the measles.

Mismatched. I present exhibits A, B and C.

4 comments:

Janelle said...

which is exactly why, when my seller offered to leave all the paint, "because it all goes to some room in the house". I tactfully said, "no thank you, i'm going to be doing a lot of painting anyway. Please dispose of it." :-) LOL.

Janelle said...

and we're talking A LOT of paint cans sitting on two shelves in the garage. I didn't want to deal with getting rid of them myself.

Becky said...

LOL. It's a good thing you were planning on painting your room anyway, right?

Unknown said...

Wow, the paint matches a LOT better in the pic than in person! ;) :)