Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dusty do

Nothing says hard work like a little dirt on your hands. Or in my case, a little dust in my hair. After patching the kitchen ceiling a couple weeks ago, I finally got around to sanding it tonight. I was very careful to lay down a drop cloth, but it didn't matter. Dust went everywhere(!) including in my eyes and in my hair and probably in my lungs, too.

Afterward, I took quite the liking to my dusty hairdo. It was like my own little badge of honor - proof, that I'm actually doing stuff around here.

Carefully-placed drop cloth.

[Insert psoriasis/dandruff jokes here]

3 comments:

Becky said...

The dust matches your skin.

Jennifer said...

Becky, are you referring to my lovely, soft, white porcelain skin? Is that the skin you're thinking of? :-P

Unknown said...

Ugh, sanding drywall mud is the worst... and the dust gets EVERYWHERE! It probably made the rest of your house look like you hadn't dusted since the dawn of the Paleolithic era, even if you just dusted an hour before sanding :)