Monday, March 8, 2010

Australia - Things We Ate

Last but not least (food could never be least, in my book), here's some of the stuff that kept us fueled while we were in Australia.

Also, as I've lamented to most of you by now, ordering regular coffee with cream was no easy task. Because, as I was schooled by some coffee shop fellas, "there's no such thing as regular coffee." There are such things, however, as long blacks, short blacks, flat whites, etc. This site breaks it down

Fish and chips with my friend the kookaburra.

Malaysian meat on a stick. 

Taiwanese dim sum. Those eager fingers are mine, natch. 

 
One glass each of Toohey's Extra Dry.
 
And Tim Tams! In the spirit of full disclosure, I must confess I didn't actually try the national cookie of Australia until I was back in the U.S.

No comments: