Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bedroom Overboard

As it turns out, I picked the perfect color for my bedroom. It's Frozen Pond from Behr's Premium Plus Ultra line of paints (paint and primer in one!).

The paint and primer in one saved time with painting the walls, but I'm far from finished in my room. While spackling nail holes in the wall, I just had to mess with some chipping plaster on the ceiling (natch.). Everything has spiraled dangerously out of control from there. Now, I'm scraping, sanding and painting the trim, caulking the windows, patching the ceiling and kicking myself for being so "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie"-esque.

 This picture is simply proof the painting is done; the color is not really accurate at all.

5 comments:

beartifix said...

Don't know what the color looks like otherwise, but I love what I see on this photo. So pretty!

Janelle said...

i agree. i like it.

Janelle said...

and your color has inspired me to think about going in a different color direction for my bedroom. i am all about bold colors, but all my swatches never felt right for my own room. (which is why I still have three shades of green in test squares on my walls)


hmm...something to think about.

Unknown said...

Alas... gone are the days of Poochie's polka-dotted bedroom. So sad. *sniff*

Jennifer said...

Janelle, here's my inspiration pic: http://bit.ly/df2xUA. From ohjoy.blogs.com.