Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Repairs - Thanksgiving edition

Today is Nov. 26. One day before Thanksgiving. Might I ask, "Where the heck did the year go?!" As I look back on what I'm thankful for in 2008, I've realized that when it comes to my home, I'm usually most thankful for successful repairs, particularly the DIY kind.
For some reason, half of these little victories never made it to my blog, but I'm very grateful still the same!
  • A major leak from my shower fixed (Consequently, I'm thankful for running water as well)

  • Rotting siding on my garage replaced

  • Rotting side door threshold replaced

  • Rotting deck boards replaced

  • Anti-freeze applied to my deck to circumvent further rot (Noticing a theme yet?)

  • Old water heater removed and new one installed

  • Handle on toilet fixed so it no longer stays down when flushed

  • Stuck garage door quickly tweaked to fully close

  • Basement reclaimed with bleach and water following too much summer rain

More than the repairs themselves, I'm thankful for everyone who lent a helping hand (Cue the violins)!

Now, let's eat! Much like I'm doing in this photo from Thanksiving '07.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Hey, That's my dad! That was the last time he was at our house! Happy Thanksgiving and many Blessings!

Becky said...

That's my photo!