Monday, January 12, 2009

Curtain call

One more project done (almost)! My large living room window is now sporting new drapes. Out with the mini-blinds and in with the linen! My vision in this room is to have a neutral base (furniture, walls, curtains) with lively accessories.

Since I've decided to live with my living room color for awhile, I've been moving forward with my other projects. New window treatments topped that list. I found some tall linen panels from Overstock for a pleasing price of $24.99 for two. I also ordered some white sheers from JcPenney to go with the curtains, but I don't think I'm going to hang them anymore. I might do Roman shades instead, or I might change my mind.

I love IKEA's wooden curtain rod (both the price and the look), but since I'm not going to IKEA anytime soon, I settled for an inexpensive set from Wal-Mart - actually two sets combined together to make one extra long rod.

So, voila, new window dressing.

Before.

After. Four panels staggered.

After. Four panels wide open to seize the day!

3 comments:

Becky said...

Who are you and what have you done with my sister? This blog is being updated like CRAZY!! :)

Curtains look nice. Let's shop for our houses together soon! :)

MsAmanda said...

looking good!

Becky said...

so....how about an update?