Thursday, January 8, 2009

Lukewarm Living

Welp. My living room is painted. I wanted a soothing gray and I got it (Behr's Manhattan Mist). But I have my moments of doubt whether I picked the right color. Oh, the agony!

I love the cool hue, but at times it seems a little too cool and a little too blue for my space. I want my house to feel warm and cozy (hello, orange kitchen!). Now I'm worried my living room is going to end up feeling lukewarm.

I do like the color better than the dirty yellow it was rocking, so that's one small victory. I also feel I'm warming up to it a bit as I get my art and curtains hung.

Before.

After - one side of the room. I should take photos during the daylight for more accurate colors.

After - another side of the room


4 comments:

Unknown said...

The humidistat looks good.

MsAmanda said...

I like it, but I see what you mean. What about the curtains? that could make a difference if you went for something warm and vibrant.

Becky said...

Yeah, I see what you mean too. Maybe you could pick a warmer color slip cover for your couches? :)

Lora said...

I was picturing something way more gray but it actually looks more blue to me. I think it'll be okay. I actually kind of like that color for our house.