Sunday, January 20, 2008

Adios, Kitschy Kitchen

During this glorious three-day weekend, I'm getting a jump on my kitchen makeover. Yesterday, I managed to remove most of the kitschy wallpaper (Chicken and chives border, anyone?). Now, I just need to scrape off the rest of the papery residue and recruit someone with big muscles to help me move my stove and fridge so I can get at the remaining paper.

As far as re-design goes, I'm feeling a warm, spicy orange for paint and a black and white checkered floor (like this stranger's). Also, at some point, I hope to add some more cabinets and a range hood to the stove side of the room.

Before and after

Before and after

Paint from Behr, floor from Mannington

4 comments:

Becky said...

Good luck! can't wait to see it!

Unknown said...

Love it! I love it that you used the word "kitschy", too :D That totally kicks @$$. Speaking of cool words, somebody wrote in to Bill O'Reilly's show last night and used the word "snollygoster." Definition:
http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-sno1.htm

OMG, that's the best! :)

Unknown said...

P.S. "Snollygoster" is right up there with the ever-popular "stareyflobber!" ;)

Becky said...

you wouldn't like stareyflobber if someone called you one LOLA! :) hehehe.