Monday, January 21, 2008

Peachy-Keen Peach Cobbler

This peach cobbler recipe from m.writes is very delicious and very easy to make. I was a bit skeptical when the recipe said to just dump the batter, melted butter and peaches into a casserole dish without stirring, but it turned out beautiful. The batter baked up and enveloped the peaches so it had a nice golden brown crust. Brilliant!

Yummy! Look at that crust!

PEACHY-KEEN PEACH COBBLER
  • 1 cup Flour
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • pinch of Salt
  • 1 T Baking powder
  • 3/4 cup Milk
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 1 large can of peaches, drained
Pour peaches in a bowl and add:
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla
  • 1 tsp. Ginger
  • 1 tsp. Cinnamon
  • 1 tsp. Nutmeg
Mix well until all peaches are coated. In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients with the milk; pour into deep casserole dish (well greased). Pour melted butter on top of the batter within the dish. Without mixing, dump the peaches right in the middle of the dish. DO NOT STIR!

Bake 40-45 minutes in a 400 degree oven.

Note: I only used a 3/4 stick of butter and thought that seemed like more than enough. Next time, I'm going to scale it back to half a stick. I'm not a huge fan of nutmeg, so I might nix it or at least half it next time. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Becky said...

YUM! Blake's never had peach cobbler...I think I'll wean him on this one. :)