Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Bus-ted

As a woman who relies on public transportation to get to and from work, it can be expected that I'll miss the bus from time to time. But, the last bus of the evening (on my route)? On one of the coldest days of the year? That just figures.

Luckily, I had a contingency plan (aside from calling my friends to come fetch me). I took a different bus route that got me to my neighborhood, but required me to walk triple the distance home. On a warm spring day, that walk would be enjoyable, but on a day with bone-chilling winds, it's pretty much unbearable. Needless to say, I was very relieved to get to my house to thaw.

The red line indicates my regular route from the bus stop. The periwinkle line indicates the sucky route I had to take today. (Note: For all you internet stalking sleuths, this isn't my real house location; it's just a sample map.)

5 comments:

Becky said...

That really sucks! Was it still snowing too?

Janelle said...

i'm just ridiculously proud of knowing someone who takes public transportation :-)

Unknown said...

Darn, there goes my chance to stalk you. ;)

Lora said...

Why didn't you call one of us, you nerd? That was Cedar Falls wind blowing yesterday!

Kelly Ruden said...

Next time call me! It's way too cold for moonlight treks through the snow.