Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I <3 Five Gallon Buckets

Who knew a five gallon bucket would turn out to be my best friend? I spent my formative years on the farm schlepping many a five gallon bucket of milk (two at a time, too!), but hadn't really thought I'd use those mad skillz again. Ah, but life has a funny way of working itself out. My five gallon buckets (and my amazing hauling abilities) were called into action several times over the past week and half to remove at least 50 gallons of water (caused by melting snow) from my bowl-shaped driveway.

Even if you are not blessed with a curvacious driveway, a five gallon bucket can still be your best friend. Consider these other uses for this cultural phenomenon:
  • Extra seating
  • Step stool (which I used when painting my dining room)
  • Weapon (I once bludgeoned myself in the head with one)
  • Test out the science of G-forces
  • Toilet

3 comments:

Becky said...

Blake's favorite use is filling up his fish tank.

Lora said...

I laughed out loud when I clicked on the link and saw that baby. ;)

Jennifer said...

Like I know, riiight? Also, Lora, did you think it looks like that baby has a 'stache?