Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Very Exciting Topic of Grout

I've never really cared about the dirty grout in my bathroom before. I just thought that was the natural order of things - grout gets dirty and stays that way. Enter: the Internet and my uncontrollable urge to scope the blog scene. Over at This Young House, I was browsing through the comments section of some of their recent bathroom posts and ended up at House Made. There, I made the pleasant discovery that those bloggers have the very same bathroom floor as me with just one very glaring difference. Their grout is gleaming white (restored to its original state after a lot of hard work with muriatic acid) while mine is a disgusting shade of human filth brown. So, now I have an intense, urgent need to follow in these virtual strangers' footsteps and get my grout up to par.

My bathroom

Their bathroom

3 comments:

Becky said...

I like how you just happened to click through oh.....seven or eight blogs....and then you found someone with tile like yours! LOL.

Janelle said...

that's totally freaking weird. it's the exact same tile pattern!

Unknown said...

Wow, that's uncanny! It's not like your tile is the most common tile in the world! I like their sink and dresser, too :D