Sunday, April 27, 2008

Frozen embryos

Big news - I froze some of my eggs this weekend. Now, I know I am only 24 and have many, many years ahead of me. So why did I do it? I don't really have a good answer. And truth be told, the whole thing was kind of surreal. Throughout the entire process I really didn't even know what was happening. One minute, my eggs were nestled safely away, and the next, they were frozen.

I ended up freezing five of my eggs. Technically, seven were frozen, but two were destroyed before I had a chance to snap the picture. To be completely honest, this is just five in a long string of frozen embryos since I've been in my house. By my count, I've probably frozen two dozen eggs.


These are my frozen eggs - cracked and oozing

I've tried adjusting the temperature in the refrigerator, but that doesn't seem to help. Upon closer inspection, I think the cold air vent blows directly at the designated egg carton spot in the door, thereby flash freezing the eggs in a perpetual state of uselessness.

1 comment:

Becky said...

uh.....maybe you should just talk about your refrigerator freezing eggs...that was a weird post to read.